Having experienced a fruitful workshop in Taipei November 2106, we hosted another workshop in Bologna, Italy 15-17 February 2017. This one was designed for intermediate and advanced visual practitioners and facilitators who wish to strengthen and deepen their existing knowledge, towards developing mastery in their profession and field.
In times of widespread transition, visuals serve as key facilitative aids for collective seeing and navigation. Live scribing–giving form to the content of a social body, in the moment and across boundaries–is a method especially suited to address today’s great challenges. As visual practitioners seeking to meet and influence these current realities, we face a particular need and opportunity to expand our awareness, mindsets, and choices that feed into our outward expression.
Over the three days we combined theory, exercises, reflection, and peer learning to explore the following topics:
- Highlights of work from around the world to surface trends and leading examples
- The call of our times for visuals as a primary means of communication
- A Model of Practice that grounds inner cultivation
- Extensive work in areas of Presencing, levels of listening, systems thinking, discernment, and generative scribing
- Dialogue on what it means to draw from and for an emerging future reality
- Review of experience with large scale change initiatives